January 8

Right or Wrong?

Before I begin, whatever I want to express is just my personal opinion and view, I didn’t research it anywhere so it may be wrong.

—-

What is right and what is wrong? Don’t worry, I won’t be saying any Vedas or philosophy here.

Let’s just start by creating a scenario.

I am driving a car, with my pregnant wife in the back. I’m driving it really fast as it’s a medical emergency. In that hurriedness, I went over a man who was walking past by the car and killed him. Now, my actions are generally termed as ‘wrong’ as I should’ve been careful, and being in an emergency is in no way an excuse for a death. That man later was found out to be a criminal, who raped many. Some of you might change to “Jo hua accha hi hua” (What happened was for the better), indirectly justifying my actions. Many of you will still be thinking, I was ‘wrong’ as killing anyone is ‘wrong’ and the victim could’ve been an innocent as well. While few of you might be neutral.

Why so many different views? Because ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ aren’t defined rules but rather abstract concepts. What I hold true may be wrong for you.

Still, there are some statements that are generally held right and wrong, like the ones given below.

“Killing a person is wrong” – Statement 1

“Living your life to the fullest is right” – Statement 2

Now, I’m a psychopathic killer who experienced a traumatic childhood and kill people as it makes me feel livelier than ever.

Am I right? Yes, because of statement 2.

Am I wrong? Yes, as per statement 1.

So am I right or wrong? It depends on which statement you believe more or the statement you believe is more important. Thus, it depends on what you think. And normally all our thoughts aren’t actually ours. It’s something we have been taught from childhood. It’s something we derive from our surroundings unknowingly. A child growing in a Brahmin family, a child growing in a middle-class family, and a child growing in slum areas, all have completely different mindsets. Why? Because their situations, circumstances differ, therefore nurturing each one of them in different ways. Hence, their concepts of right and wrong are also different.

Superheroes sometimes succeed in sweet-talking and changing the villain and sometimes utterly fail in it. Why? Because the ones who change are usually the broken villains and those who don’t change are the main villains! Main villains have so much faith in their ideas that they don’t waver even in front of absolute justice. Now you know that concepts of right and wrong differ, what you must do is to make your ideas stronger so that they won’t waver, like those broken villains. You must always be the main character; either a villain or a hero, but hopefully a hero.

How to start believing in your ideas? Start questioning. Question your existing thoughts, collect data from everywhere, everyone, and every time, and then prove those ideas, only then will you believe in it.

But is there a need to question everything, you may ask. Killing a person, as an example, is of course wrong. We must never live our life causing harm to others. Then why question it? To affirm our ideas. To make it stronger.

In an event of a crime, why are most of the people bystanders and don’t do anything? Because they don’t believe in their sense of rightness, in themselves, more. When you just accept whatever is taught to you, you don’t give much thought to it, it doesn’t become stronger and therefore you won’t have enough will to act on it. But once you start questioning you will get answers to it, and therefore strengthening those ideas and your belief in those ideas.

Your concept of right and wrong is meaningless if you don’t have enough belief to act on it.

That’s it, we are at the end of my blog, thanks for reading!

Oh, I still didn’t say what is right and what is wrong?

What the majority of people think is ‘right’ is right

and

What the minority think is ‘right’ is wrong.

Written by Nagraj Math of Class 12th D.

Just my views on this topic.

Posted January 8, 2022 by jvmbloggers2021 in category Uncategorized